Commercial Driver License physicals, required by the Department of Transportation, are offered by Dr. Bennett at Bennett Chiropractic Clinic. Dr. Bennett is a Certified DOT Medical Examiner and is qualified to perform Medical Physicals to determine commercial driver fitness.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires medical physicals to all individuals who:
- Operate a combination of vehicles in which the gross combination weight (GCW) exceeds 26,000 pounds (example: semi drivers).
- Drives a single vehicle designed to transport eight or more people (including the driver) for compensation (example: limo/bus drivers).
- Operate vehicles that transport hazardous materials (example: gas suppliers).
- Drives vehicles used to deliver packages and other articles (example: delivery trucks/vans).
- Drives single unit and combination vehicles of over 10, 000 pounds GVW (example: construction vehicles/landscaping trailers).
Medical Examiner’s Certificates are valid for 24 months; however, some medical conditions require more frequent re-certification periods. Examiners certify drivers for up to two years, but may certify for less than two years if more frequent monitoring is required to ensure medical fitness for duty.
For a full explanation of driver requirements, FAQs and other information, please visit: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/faqs.aspx
Notes for your appointment:
- Bring a valid driver’s license and old medical examiner’s card
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
- Non-CDL or pre-employment physicals and screenings also available, as well as daycare, college/school entry, and sports physicals
- Drink plenty of water prior to arriving for your appointment
The physical generally takes between 20 and 30 minutes. It includes a vision and hearing exam, heart and lung auscultation, blood pressure/ height/ weight, neuromuscular examination and urinary analysis. Because the examination is needed for occupational purposes and not for a health condition, our office does not accept insurance for CDL/DOT physical examinations. However, Dr. Bennett does offer affordable, convenient and same-day appointments for these services.
Call our office today to set up an appointment for your physical. 386-767-1100